Mmc 60th Anniversary Committee Meeting Minutes

  

The Town of Pincourt is celebrating its 60th anniversary in 2020.

A committee of elected officials and employees was set up to organize festivities to mark the occasion and retained the idea of holding a call for projects.

For the occasion, the Société d'histoire et de généalogie de l'Île Perrot dug through its archives in search of some little historical treasures that tell the story of the town’s early days.

Are you interested in the town' s history? Check out the following sections divided in three time frames.

The Vincent Massey 60th Reunion is taking place the weekend of June 2nd to June 5th 2022. This will be a very exciting time! The previous reunions held in 1985 for the 25th and in 2000 for the 40th and then in 2010 for the 50th, brought alumni home from all over Canada, the US and even the World, to join with all who live in Winnipeg. Minutes of meetings will be uploaded to the website upon confirmation at the next meeting. If you wish to read the over-sized or copyrighted attachments to the above documents, please contact the DC Secretariat or the copyright owner as appropriate. Today, marks the 60th anniversary of the ICPC’s first Plenary held on 26 November 1958. In the mid-1950’s, a group of submarine cable systems operators formed The Cable Damage Committee (CDC). At the inception of TAT-1, (the first transatlantic coaxial telephone cable system), an international committee was conceived. The meeting lasted about 15 minutes according to journalist Jimmy Booker of Amsterdam News, who spoke with Malcolm before the meeting at which time Malcolm said, “I just want to welcome Fidel.” A translator introduced the various people who came to greet and welcome the Cuban delegation.

  • Call for Projects: 60th Anniversary

    This call for projects is aimed at organizations and citizens looking to develop a special event or activity or simply build on an existing one. Submitted projects must be held in Pincourt and benefit all the town’s residents.

    Budget available: $10,000

    To submit a project, fill out the form below.

    Form (PDF): Call for projects - 60th anniversary
    Form (Word): Call for projects - 60th anniversary

    The deadline to submit a project is March 25, 2020.

    The projects selected will be announced on April 15, 2020.

  • After the members of the First Nations, it was the voyageurs’ turn to paddle the Ottawa River and visit Pincourt as early as the 17th century. They would stop near the Quinchien rapids, near Île aux Pins, probably for the fur trade. At the time, Île Perrot was a pine-forested seigneury.

    In 1754, one of these travellers, the seigneur Jean-Baptiste Leduc granted land near Pointe-au-Renard to Joseph André dit St-Amant. This tip of land was commonly known as Pointe à la Barbue, since it was known as a great spot to catch catfish.

    Gradually, newcomers settled along the Ottawa River, near the Dorion and Vaudreuil crossings. They travelled along a trail called the 'côte de Pincourt' because, at the time, a “côte” referred to a small trail or shortcut.

    Several artisans later built their homes on small lots near the crossing sites: Dorion's miller, an innkeeper (1), a weaver, a shoemaker (2), a cooper, two blacksmiths and a few merchants.

    Milestones

    1855: Railway track construction

    1872: The first school opens

    1929: Addition of a chapel to the school (3)

    Up to 1925: Ferry operations (to and from Dorion and Vaudreuil) by the Daoust, LaFlèche, Rousseau and Sagala families (4)

    1949: Creation of the Pincourt Public Security Department

    1950: Pincourt has about 500 year-round residents. Madden 19.


    1 - Auberge du village


    2 - Cordonnerie O. Ménard


    3 - Chapelle-école


    4 - Passerelle en bois du CN


    4 - Chaland des LaFlèche

  • 1950 to 1960 - From village to municipality

    In 1948, the village of Pincourt was briefly a municipal entity, after the separation and incorporation of the municipality of Notre-Dame-de-l'Île-Perrot with Île-Perrot-Nord (now called Île-Perrot).

    This union lasted a little more than a year until the Pincourt councillors asked surveyor W. E. Lauriault to determine the boundaries of a future municipality. Their idea was to secure a charter for this territory (effective January 1, 1950).

    The 1950s saw the fledgling municipality rapidly acquire new buildings, infrastructures and public services that would guide its development to this day. Consequently, its population quintupled in ten years.

    Census

    1951521 residents
    19612,698 residents

    Milestones

    1951: Installation of street lighting and the first traffic light at the corner of Duhamel Road and Metropolitan Boulevard.

    1952: Development for a new street parallel to Duhamel Road that would become Cardinal-Léger Boulevard. Approval for the opening of Saint-Paul Street (5th Avenue), Trottier Street (6th Avenue), Bois-Dormant Street (7th Avenue), G. Bernard Street (8th Avenue), J. Thibault Street (9th Avenue) and 10th Avenue (near Hamel Restaurant). (1)

    1952: Construction and opening of Notre-Dame-de-Lorette Catholic Church. From 1953 to 1958, town council meetings were held in the basement of the church. A classroom opened in the sacristy around 1954. (2)

    1954: Establishment of the Village of Pincourt School Board. A total of 174 children attend the little Notre-Dame-de-Lorette school in the church sacristy in overcrowded classrooms.

    1956: Pincourt obtains its official mail delivery designation from Canada Post, separate from Dorion.

    1956: The Town Council planned the municipalization of sewer and water services hitherto administered by Public Service Utilities, a private company. The by-law took effect in November 1960 and provided for the purchase of the private utility and the construction of a water treatment plant.

    1956: Opening of the first playground near the new school on Colson Street (now Lussier Street).

    1958: Opening of Notre-Dame-de-Lorette Elementary School. Designed by architect Jean Damphousse, the 12-classroom school, built by City Constructions Ltd., was inaugurated by Bishop Langlois during a gala banquet. (3)

    Mcculloch pro mac 850 owners manual

    1958: Opening of the Presbyterian Church of Île-Perrôt, the first large Presbyterian church west of Montreal. (4)

    1959: City Hall moved to 442 Duhamel Road. (5)


    1 - Cardinal-Léger Boulevard towards 5th Avenue (1964)


    2 - Notre-Dame-de-Lorette Church construction


    3 - Opening of the Notre-Dame-de-Lorette Elementary School


    4 - Construction of the Presbyterian Church of Ile Perrot


    5 - Town Hall at 442 chemin Duhamel

  • After obtaining its town status in 1960, the Pincourt territory rapidly urbanized. Successive town councils worked hard to establish a wide variety of services for an ever-growing population.

    In the 1961 census, Pincourt had a population of 2,685, compared to 14,558 in 2016. Much of this remarkable growth can be attributed to the local authorities' vision of the future. Throughout this period, they maintained a constant pace to offer Pincourt residents a rich and varied living environment adapted to their needs.

    Milestones

    1963: Inauguration of the Marion-Walker wastewater treatment plant

    1965: Establishment of the Pincourt municipal library in a former pumping station

    1978: Establishment of the Parks and Recreation Department, which has become the Pincourt Recreation and Community Services Department.

    1980: Construction of low-cost housing on Duhamel Boulevard by the Société d'habitation du Québec

    1980: Inaugural Firemen’s Day

    1982: Inauguration of the fire station

    1986: Adoption of the “Pincourtois” demonym

    Not yet activatedmr. macs 6th grade. 1995: Launch of a first responder service

    1996: Construction of the Omni-Centre

    2003: Opening of the Chêne-Bleu High School and Library

    2010: Opening of the Desjardins Kiosk at Olympique Park


    1 - The library in the old pumping station.


    2 - Résidences Sénéchal (low-cost housing)


    3 - Construction of the Omni-Centre


    4 - Chêne-Bleu High School


    5 - Desjardins Kiosk, at the Olympique Park


Tsuen Wan District Councils

2020

Meeting NameMeeting DateTimeAgendaMinutesDiscussion Papers
First2020-03-19 (Thu)
2:30 P.MDownload - Open

  • Working Group on Activities (Non-standing Working Group)
  • Working Group on the 60th Anniversary of the Founding of the Satellite Town of Tsuen Wan (Non-standing Working Group)

2020

Meeting NameMeeting DateTimeAgendaMinutesDiscussion Papers
Circulation paperOpen


60th

District Planning, Development and Facilities Management Committee

  • Working Group on Community Halls and Recreation and Sports Facilities

2020

Meeting NameMeeting DateTimeAgendaMinutesDiscussion Papers
Circulation PapersOpen
First2020-11-26 (Thu)
4:00 P.M Download - Open


Environment, Health and Climate Change Committee

2020

Meeting NameMeeting DateTimeAgendaMinutesDiscussion Papers
First2020-07-15 (Wed)
2:30 P.M Download - -
Circulation paperOpen

2020

Meeting NameMeeting DateTimeAgendaMinutesDiscussion Papers
First2020-07-15 (Wed)
9:00 A.M Download - -
Circulation paperOpen

2020

Meeting NameMeeting DateTimeAgendaMinutesDiscussion Papers
First2020-07-15 (Wed)
11:00 A.M Download - -
Circulation paperOpen


Recreation, Sports, Arts and Culture For All Committee

2020

Meeting NameMeeting DateTimeAgendaMinutesDiscussion Papers
Circulation paperOpen
Circulation paperOpen

2020

Meeting NameMeeting DateTimeAgendaMinutesDiscussion Papers
First2020-05-26 (Tue)
Download Download * -
Second2020-06-19 (Fri)
Download Download * -
Third2020-10-19 (Mon)
Download - -
Circulation paperOpen

2020

Meeting NameMeeting DateTimeAgendaMinutesDiscussion Papers
First2020-11-09 (Mon)
2:30 P.M Download - -


Social Service and Community Development Committee

2020

Meeting NameMeeting DateTimeAgendaMinutesDiscussion Papers
Circulation paperOpen
Circulation paperOpen

2020

Meeting NameMeeting DateTimeAgendaMinutesDiscussion Papers
First2020-07-09 (Thu)
2:30 P.M Download - -
Circulation paperOpen

2020

Meeting NameMeeting DateTimeAgendaMinutesDiscussion Papers
Circulation paperOpen

Mmc 60th Anniversary Committee Meeting Minutes

Traffic and Transport Committee

2020

Mmc 60th Anniversary Committee Meeting Minutes Meeting

Meeting NameMeeting DateTimeAgendaMinutesDiscussion Papers
Circulation paperOpen

2020

Meeting NameMeeting DateTimeAgendaMinutesDiscussion Papers
First2020-06-05 (Fri)
2:30 P.M Download - Open
Circulation paperOpen

2020

Meeting NameMeeting DateTimeAgendaMinutesDiscussion Papers
Circulation papersOpen
Circulation papersOpen
Circulation papersOpen

Finance and In-house Working Group
2020
2020-03-19 (Thu)
2:30 P.M
Working Group on the 60th Anniversary of the Founding of the Satellite Town of Tsuen Wan (Non-standing Working Group)
Meeting
Working Group on the 60th Anniversary of the Founding of the Satellite Town of Tsuen Wan (Non-standing Working Group)
Working Group on District Development, Planning and Economic Development
2020-11-26 (Thu)
4:00 P.M
Working Group on Environmental Protection and Improvement
2020-07-15 (Wed)
2:30 P.M
2020
2020-07-15 (Wed)
9:00 A.M
Working Group on Inclusive Environment for Animals in the Community
2020-07-15 (Wed)
11:00 A.M
Strategy Group on Promotion of Recreational, Sports, Cultural and Arts Activities
2020
2020-05-26 (Tue)
Committee
Minutes
*
2020-06-19 (Fri)
Minutes
*
2020-10-19 (Mon)
Working Group on Tsuen Wan District Football Representative Team (Non-standing Working Group)
2020-11-09 (Mon)
2:30 P.M
Working Group on Integrated Community Services and Community Education
Task Force on Care for the Elderly, Rehabilitation and Community Information
2020-07-09 (Thu)
2:30 P.M
2020
Working Group on Development of Public Transport Services

Mmc 60th Anniversary Committee Meeting Minutes Agenda

Working Group on Development of Ancillary Facilities for Pedestrians
2020-06-05 (Fri)
2:30 P.M
Working Group on Road Safety Education and Promotion

Mmc 60th Anniversary Committee Meeting Minutes For Church

Notes:

Mmc 60th Anniversary Committee Meeting Minutes Template

  • * Only Chinese version is available. Readers who need an English version are welcomed to approach the respective DC Secretariat and we would endeavour to provide one.
  • Minutes of meetings will be uploaded to the website upon confirmation at the next meeting.
  • If you wish to read the over-sized or copyrighted attachments to the above documents, please contact the DC Secretariat or the copyright owner as appropriate.
  • Please download Acrobat Reader to view or print PDF documents.